We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing around the evolving situation, and we’re committed to being responsive and flexible to our members’ needs.
Here are some links to reliable information about COVID-19:
Going Green? In Florida You Have a Choice.
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment.
Our mission since 2000 has been to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education, local community outreach and certification programs.
FGBC was conceived and founded in the belief that green building programs will be most successful if there are clear and meaningful principles on which “green” qualification and marketing are based.
FGBC is a membership-based organization governed by a Board of Directors and corporate officers who are elected by the general membership.
The FGBC is continually finding new and innovative ways to educate builders, developers, local governments, architects and consumers about how to achieve a healthier, more environmentally sustainable future.
FGBC goals include:
- Administer certification programs based upon five green building standards
- Award its certification mark to qualified projects
- Educate the general public, businesses, institutional and governmental bodies of the long term benefits of sustainable development and green building practices
- Encourage housing affordability by increasing building sustainability
- Stimulate a partnership with other organizations and groups interested in green building practices
- Provide opportunities to increase their knowledge of green building practices.
Over 20,000 projects have been certified “Florida Green” since 2000.
“Florida Green” standards take a scientific approach and are developed with state-specific criteria. They address Florida’s hot-humid environment, distinctive topography, unique geology, resiliency and natural disasters.
Five Certification Standards
Local Governments (City and County)
Land Developments (Communities and Neighborhoods)
In partnership with the Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA), the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is posting the FHBA Hurricane Preparation and Resources Guide for builders, developers and contractors.
An additional Hurricane Checklist (Courtesy of Louisiana AGC) is also available.
Builders, developers and contractors need to prepare for the worst when storms pose a threat to their job sites and have a plan for dealing with the ramifications after a storm passes.