The Florida Green Building Coalition is the leading certifier of green projects in Florida. To date it has over 18,000 residential, commercial, high-rise, land developments, local governments participating in its certification programs. FGBC certification programs are the only standards developed with climate specific criteria to address issues caused by Florida’s hot-humid environment and natural disasters. The Florida Green Building Coalition is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation founded in 2000 dedicated to improving the built environment. Its mission is “to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education and certification programs.” Going Green? In Florida you have a choice. For more information contact the Florida Green Building Coalition at email@example.com, visit www.floridagreenbuilding.org call (407) 777-4919.
Going Green? In Florida You Have a Voice
- With over 18,200 certifications to date, the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is by far the largest certifier of green homes, communities and local governments in Florida.
- Florida Green are the only standards developed with Florida-specific criteria. They address Florida’s hot-humid climate, environment, topography and natural disasters.
- Since FGBC’s local government program was launched, 94 Florida municipalities have achieved or are registered for “Florida Green” certification.
- FGBC’s Green Local Government Certification program is the only one of its type endorsed by the Florida Legislature, the Florida League of Cities and the Florida League of Mayors.
- FGBC’s five certifications provide pathways to build green homes, developments, local governments, high rises and commercial buildings.
- FGBC’s process, including low builder fees, is often more affordable than other certifications. The free market aspect of FGBC certifiers keep costs low.
- Founded in 2000, the Florida Green Building Coalition is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Headquarters is in Orlando, Fla.
- The mission is to lead and promote a state of sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education, information, grassroots outreach and certification programs.
Learn More. Contact FGBC @ (407) 777-4920 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org