The Florida Green Building Coalition is the leading certifier of green projects in Florida. To date it has over 19,000 residential, commercial, high-rise, land developments, local governments participating in its certification programs. FGBC certification programs are the only standards developed with climate specific criteria to address issues caused by Florida’s hot-humid environment and natural disasters. The Florida Green Building Coalition is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation founded in 2000 dedicated to improving the built environment. Its mission is “to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through state-wide education, community outreach and certification programs.” Going Green? In Florida you have a choice. For more information contact the Florida Green Building Coalition at email@example.com, visit www.floridagreenbuilding.org call (407) 777-4919.
Going Green? In Florida You Have a Voice
- With over 18,200 certifications to date, the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is by far the largest certifier of green homes, communities and local governments in Florida.
- Florida Green are the only standards developed with Florida-specific criteria. They address Florida’s hot-humid climate, environment, topography and natural disasters.
- Since FGBC’s local government program was launched, 94 Florida municipalities have achieved or are registered for “Florida Green” certification.
- FGBC’s Green Local Government Certification program is the only one of its type endorsed by the Florida Legislature, the Florida League of Cities and the Florida League of Mayors.
- FGBC’s five certifications provide pathways to build green homes, developments, local governments, high rises and commercial buildings.
- FGBC’s process, including low builder fees, is often more affordable than other certifications. The free market aspect of FGBC certifiers keep costs low.
- Founded in 2000, the Florida Green Building Coalition is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Headquarters is in Orlando, Fla.
- The mission is to lead and promote a state of sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education, information, grassroots outreach and certification programs.
Learn More. Contact FGBC @ (407) 777-4920 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org